A group of people came together with a common concern for the future: aiming to create a self-sufficient and sustainable society. Located in Nicosia, Έλλοβος seeks the presevation of goods of the land, tastes, smells, beneficial qualities and cultural values in order to deliver them it to future generations.
The interaction, communication, shared knowledge, experience and cordiality are the main interests of this initiative. They base their activities on respect for others, starting with respecting ourselves in order to obtain collective action and promote participation among the community. They believe that harmonious coexistence between people and their surrounding nature will encourage participation. Creativity, critical views and conscious thoughts gather in their meetings creating new ways to share the community garden. They learn together the necessary knowledge to manage both the natural resources and what the land offers to them.
• Creation and maintenance of local vegetable gardens in collaboration with local authorities and neighborhoods.
• The free sharing of knowledge and ideas through workshops and educational seminars.
• Preservation of local seed varieties through cultivation and gift exchange. • Establish a seed bank of traditional varieties.
• Dissemination of organic farming.
• Collaboration with other groups with similar concerns.
• Harvest fruits.
Get in touch this community garden though Facebook!